Due to there being quite a few internal changes to the Optymyse system and database structure in 5.2, it's best to run through the following procedure when performing the update from 5.1.
- Stop all SJS services including any data connectors
- Perform a backup of the server using your preferred method - you should be able to restore the SQL database and Optymyse folders if a rollback is necessary (a VM snapshot is ideal)
- Run the Optymyse 5.2 update installer
- Go through the dialogs and make any changes that were done for previous installs (i.e. port number changes, SQL database authentication detail changes, etc)
- Once the installation is complete, don't restart the server
- Start the SJS Optymyse Edge service first, this will perform the necessary database changes
- After 5-10 seconds, startup the SJS Optymyse DataPool, Display and Desktop services
- Lastly, start any SJS data connectors
Your update should now be complete. Please attempt to login to the Optymyse Director. You should see the new version number at the bottom of the page.
If you encounter any issues, or services don't startup correctly, please restore the backup that was made earlier and get in touch via our support system so we can help you resolve the issue.