END OF LIFE STATEMENT (APRIL 2017)
PRODUCT: OPTYMYSE4.X (ADVANCED WALLBOARD TECHNOLOGY)
Optymyse4.0 first introduced Contact Centres to a new way of engaging agents in 2012, since the official launch there have been several software updates bringing the release version up to 4.2.14. For the reasons below it has been decided to make Optymyse4.x EOL at the end of 2017. [i]
REASONS FOR MAKING OPTYMYSE 4.X EOL
Although there are many “benefits” to upgrading to the new generation Optymyse product there is also a strong reason to make Optymyse4.x EOL. In the last few years the computer hardware industry has moved forwards at great speed, as a result SJS can no longer guarantee the supply of the hardware required to run Optymyse4.x. In addition advances in processors, memory and motherboards has meant the cost of sourcing Optymyse4 devices is double the cost of purchasing a device with 3-4 times the power and reliability, therefore making it far more sensible to move away from proprietary hardware and instead develop Optymyse5.x to work with these cheap and readily available devices which are set to get faster, cheaper and smaller in coming years.
RISKS OF CONTINUING WITH OPTYMYSE4.X
• Minimum 4 week lead time for hardware
• No guaranteed supply of hardware
• 30 - 40% higher Optymyse license prices compared to latest Optymyse pricing
• Inability to keep up with customer demands (No development roadmap)
• 4.x is less secure than 5.x which supports now HTTPS
• Higher demand on network
KEY LIMITATIONS OF OPTYMYSE4 VS OPTYMYSE5 (FOR FULL LIST REFER TO DEVELOPMENT ROAD MAP)
- 4.x is not compatible with the latest Contact Centre Solutions from Unify, ShoreTel and Cisco.
- No option to capture metrics from other sources
- Optymyse5 includes Open REST API allowing development of connectors capable of pulling metrics from any source plus an ODBC connector (CSV, SQL etc)
- Other connectors are available (Social Media, Zendesk, SF.com)
- With 5.x customer can choose any PC / Mini PC (suggestions are available from SJS)
- Optymyse5.x is available via a monthly payment plan (Opex)
- Optymyse5.x has a strong Development Road Map plus all DOT upgrades are FREE.
- 4.x does not support Mobile devices
- 4.x does not support the latest Operating Systems
- With Optymyse5 Video speeds are no longer limited by SJS hardware.
- Optymyse5 offers the option of playing MP4 and or live TV streaming [ii]
[i] Customers with an Optymyse4 contract expiry date after the end of 2017 are urged to upgrade before the end of 2017 however, will continue to be supported until the end of their Optymyse4 contract.
[ii] TV streaming is only available with Optymyse Enterprise Edition